Wednesday, November 08, 2017

The Week of Coupons

This week is the Major Used Book Store's Week of Coupon Sales.  It is my equivalent of Halloween - for 7 days.

It is an escalating addiction:  2 days of 20% off the highest price item, then 2 days at 30%, then 2 days at 40%  and a last gut wrenching day of 50% off.

Oh, I have worked it out to a science, of course.   I start scanning as soon as I get notified of the sale.  There are five locations in my relative area, and I go one by one, looking through the sections that I always peruse for this once in a three month opportunity to build my library.

Once I have decided the what and where, then it is the when - after all, I only have one 50% coupon and that has to be used sparingly.  If I buy this book at 40%, does it come in at or below the book at 50%?  And so it goes.

You may find it a bit foolish that I put this much effort into book purchases.  It probably is.  None the less, for one week every so often I get to to live in the world of possibilities, of maybes and what ifs.  And what a wonderful place it can be.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have something I have to go read...

2 comments:

  1. Saving money is never foolish.

    It is the thrill of the hunt. Enjoy! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the thrill of the hunt, Linda. I have not set foot in the last remaining Big Box Book Store (BBBS) for two years and never look at airport stores when I travel. And The Large Online Bookseller (TLOB) is only on Christmas and my birthday, when I get gift cards. Other than that, it is the Local Large Used Book Store that I shop at - and yes, I have occasionally experienced the thrill of the unexpected find. What a treat - something you never get when the world is (literally) at your fingertips.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!