Sunday, March 05, 2017

Rainy Weekend

It was raining this morning when I got up.  It was raining all yesterday as well.

I enjoy the rain - by far I find it one of the most peaceful sorts of weather conditions.  And usually I like rain on the weekends, as there is nothing better than almost "forced" to stay inside and something I would not normally make time for, like reading.

But I find myself frustrated now - mostly because I actually had things planned to do outside and now find that I cannot do them due to the rain.  To be a honest, this is kind of an unusual feeling for me as I have not always found myself that motivated to do such things - but now, finding that I have the motivation to do so, the circumstances are not co-operating.

Lest I think this is an unusual situation, it is somewhat wise to reflect upon the fact that for most of human history, rain was far more than just a small impediment.  In fact, rain and the winter season it represented was a significant reason that so many things were crammed into the spring through early fall (barring the planting and harvesting seasons).  In some ways we are incredibly spoiled by the fact that we have the ability to accomplish so much even when it is raining outside.

There is plenty to do inside of course, and perhaps this experience is a reminder that I should be making a list for the inside as much as for the outside (It is not as if there is not such a list).  But I have to admit for the first time in a long time, I find the rain not so much peaceful as it is a singular frustration.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that always the way of it?
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!